Welcome to UConn!
Orientation is a program that helps first time degree seeking students make a smooth transition to the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Our Orientation programs are comprehensive and designed to cover all the academic and business processes that new students need to complete before they begin classes. The freshman and transfer programs are designed with the specific needs of each population in mind.
Facts about Orientation for Freshmen & Transfer Students
- Orientation is mandatory for all first time degree-seeking students attending the Storrs campus.
- Orientation is when you will register for your first semester's classes.
- Orientation is where you will receive your UConn ID (ONLY if you upload a photo before your Orientation session).
- Orientation is where you will meet other incoming students from in and outside the United States.
- Orientation is when you will get to know the Storrs campus, its resources and support services.
- Orientation is when you will learn about the university's expectations of you as a new student.
- Orientation is when you will have your questions answered and concerns addressed before classes begin.
- Orientation is when you will become fully prepared to begin classes at the University.
Make Your Reservation for New Student Orientation
All orientation reservations for new students admitted to Storrs are coordinated through the Storrs Orientation Office. New students attending the Storrs campus will make a reservation through their Orientation portal when the reservation system goes live in mid-April. The reservation system is entirely automated and will provide students with the most up-to-date information about orientation/course registration options. All first time degree seeking students attending the Storrs campus are required to attend Orientation in order to register for classes. Students will not be able to sign up for orientation until they receive an email invitation sent to their personal email address. The only way to sign up for an orientation program is online. Storrs Orientation Sign-up
If you have been admitted to one of our regional campuses, (Avery Point, Hartford, Stamford, or Waterbury), you will attend an Orientation program at that regional campus. Orientation programs conducted at each regional campus are specifically designed to help prepare you for your first semester and include information about academics and student-life.Avery Point OrientationHartford OrientationStamford OrientationWaterbury Orientation
- University Privacy NoticesThe University of Connecticut values your privacy and takes the protection of personal information very seriously. You can find more information about the university’s privacy notices at the Office of Privacy Protection & Management website.
- 2018 Orientation Registration is OpenThe Orientation registration system is now open to students who have sent in their $300 enrollment deposit. An email will be sent to your personal account within 24-48 hours of submitting your deposit inviting you to sign up for an orientation session. You must receive that email in order to sign up. If you do […]
- Fall 2018 Orientation Dates for Students Attending the Storrs CampusOrientation dates for students entering the Storrs campus in the fall of 2018 are now available on the Freshmen Sign-Up and Transfer Sign-Up pages. Emails inviting students to register for an Orientation session will be sent to the student’s personal email address starting Mid-April, 2018. Students will not be able to register for orientation before receiving this email. Students who […]
Office of Orientation Services
Division of Enrollment Planning and Management
Wilbur Cross Building, Room 17
233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4239
Storrs, CT 06269, 4239