ORIENTATION IS MANDATORY: All first time degree seeking students attending the University of Connecticut at Storrs are required to attend an Orientation program in order to register for classes.
This program is for new students only. Parents, friends or siblings CANNOT stay with new students during their Orientation session. Parents, friends or siblings will have to wait for their student until the Orientation program ends between 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. Parent Orientation is not offered during the December/January Orientation period.
- Email Invitations to Orientation will be sent to new students who paid the university enrollment deposit ($300) starting mid-November. This is for the Storrs campus only.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-received, first-reserved basis because Orientation sessions can fill up before their reservation deadlines are reached, since we can accommodate only a certain number of students per Orientation session.
- Spring semester Orientation sessions will occur in late December & mid-January before the start of classes on January 16, 2018. These are "early" Orientation sessions for new students who can travel to and from Storrs to attend them.
- Residence Halls open on Sunday, January 14, 2018. New students cannot move into their residence hall room prior to this time to attend an early Orientation session. A final Orientation session will be held on Monday, January 15.
The Freshman Orientation Program for Spring Admits
Cost to Attend
The cost of the one-day January Orientation program is $115.00.
The charge is non-refundable. A $25 fee will be charged for returned checks. For more information on why there is a charge for orientation, please visit our FAQs.
Charge pays for:
- Orientation materials
- Lunch in a dining hall
- Program Staffing
- Programmatic and administrative expenses.
All forms of payment must be from a United States affiliated bank.
NOTE: Payment of an Orientation reservation secures the reservation for the desired date. If payment is not made at the time the reservation form is completed the date is still open for other students to reserve. That means your Orientation date can be taken away from you by another student who pays for the session.
There are three options for payment:
- Credit Card – online – through the orientation portal. Orientation Services accepts: Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club
- Check or money order – mailed/postal service – all checks and money orders need to be made out to the “University of Connecticut.”
For our mailing address, please visit our Contact Us page.
- Online Home Bill Pay – If you do your banking electronically, you can make payments directly to UConn through your own bank’s online bill paying system! Set up UConn the same way you would any other payee.
Confirming Your Session
An email confirmation will be sent almost immediately after you submit your orientation reservation payment. If you do not receive an email confirmation check your SPAM or JUNK MAIL folder(s). This email indicates you are “confirmed” for the session you selected. Emails are sent to your personal email address that the University has on file for you and also your UConn email address.
Contact the Office of Orientation Services at (860) 486-4866 if you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours of submitting your online Orientation reservation. We recommend you check your SPAM or JUNK MAIL folder(s) before you call.
Do not make any travel arrangements until you receive an email from the Office of Orientation Services confirming your assigned Orientation session.
Residence Halls Open on Sunday, January 14, 2018. New students cannot move in before this time to attend an early Orientation session.
Please refer to your session confirmation for the Orientation check-in location. Be sure to double check your session confirmation to make sure you attend the session for which you are confirmed. We cannot accommodate students who walk in to a session that they do not have a reservation for.
ACES - Academic Center for Exploratory Students
AGNR - College of Agriculture, Health & Natural Resources
BU - School of Business
CLAS - College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
EG - School of Engineering
FA - School of Fine Arts
RHSA - Ratcliffe Hicks School of Agriculture
|Session Dates||Schools/Colleges Meeting||Reservation Deadline|
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
AGNR (4-year program)
|Tuesday, December 12, 2017|
Thursday, December 21, 2017
AGNR (4-year program)
|Wednesday, December 13, 2017|
Friday, December 22, 2017
|Thursday, December 14, 2017|
Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018
AGNR (4-year program)
RHSA (2-year program)
|Wednesday, January 3, 2018|
Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
|Thursday, January 4, 2018|
**Monday, Jan. 15, 2018
|Monday, January 8, 2018|
**Students planning to attend the January 15th Orientation session should plan on moving into their residence hall on Sunday, January 14 or on January 15th from 4:00 p.m. on. There will be no time during the full-day orientation program on Monday, January 15th for students to move into their residence halls.