Summer 2017 Parent/Guardian Orientation Program Presentations
The presentations that follow were given during the 2017 summer Parent/Guardian Orientation Program on the Storrs campus.
- The Academic Message (PDF) – Message by the Academic Advisors in each of UConn’s Schools and Colleges
- Beyond Academics: Parents and Families Partnering with UConn (PDF) – Overview of what the Division of Student Affairs provides for students and how the UConn Foundation helps in these efforts.
- Freshmen – The First Year at UConn: Beginning the Journey – Presented by First Year Programs & Learning Communities for the parents of Freshmen.
- Transfers – Thriving in Your Transition to UConn – Presented by First Year Programs & Learning Communities for the parents of Transfer students.
- Dining On-Campus (PDF) – Presented by the Department of Dining Services
- Education Abroad Opportunities at UConn (PDF) – Presented by the Education Abroad Department on Day 2.
- Entering Honors: Information for Parents of First-Year Honors Students (PDF) – Presented by the Honors Program
- Living On Campus (PDF) – Freshman parent Orientation presentation on Day 2 that covers residential life on campus.
- Money Matters: Financing a College Education (PDF)
- Off-Campus Living at UConn (PDF) – Presented by the office of Off-Campus Student Services
- Parents, Students, and UConn Working Together (PDF) – Presented by the Division of Student Affairs
- Student Health Services – At the Heart of Student Health (PDF) – Presented by the Department of Student Health Services & Counseling and Mental Health
- Technology at UConn (PDF) – UConn Technology Information for Parents
- The Husky One Card – The Key to Campus (PDF) – Presented by the One Card Office
- UConn’s Center for Career Development (PDF) – Presented by the Center for Career Development